The benefits of infiltration systems to manage peak stormwater flows while sustaining healthy urban landscapes is now better understood. Infiltration is an excellent way to bring balance back into the urban water cycle by decreasing stormwater runoff, increasing soil moisture, increasing evapo-transpiration and enhanced urban cooling.
We have released a dedicated infiltration systems WSUD assets page. All of the information you need is available for you in one place:
- the benefits and related research evidence
- design tips
- seminar presentations
- videos of our seminars for online learning
- highlight videos when you want the latest information in bite-sized content
- exemplar projects case studies.
Some examples of best practice to help you plan and design your next infiltration project include:
- a virtual tour of Newenham ecological sponges with a bird’s-eye view over the system
- New Brompton Estate’s passive irrigation of Rowley Reserve
- TREENET inlets in action
- design tips including examples of cost-effective pre-treatment methods to prolong asset life
- research evidence on the stormwater quality improvement performance of infiltration systems.
We are producing a suite of standard drawings for infiltration systems, which will be released soon.
And check out our dedicated permeable paving page for tips, benefits and links to presentation and guidelines.
New WSUD asset pages will be released over the course of 2022.
Can’t find the WSUD information that you need? Send us an email and we will point you in the right direction.