A priority of the Water Sensitive SA program since its inception in 2014 is to support initiatives that embed water sensitive urban design into planning policy – an ambition shared by the stormwater industry for more than 15 years.
The Draft Planning and Design Code (Phase 3) marks the first step in this process.
The Water Sensitive SA submission on the Code (PDF) is the culmination of considerable work over the past three years to understand the changing urban form, the associated implications for communities and the environment and to develop suitable solutions at a range of scales to meet the strategic targets of the 30 Year Plan for Greater Adelaide. The focus of our Code submission is on the urban greening and stormwater management aspects of the Code.
Our Code submission comprises of:
- Appendix A –Water Sensitive SA technical submission on the Planning and Design Code, Phase 3 (the Code) – Policy Analysis (Table 1)
- Appendix B – Water Sensitive SA Supplementary Submission on the Planning and Design Code, Phase 3 (the Code) – Outcomes of community engagement workshops held 4, 5, 12 and 13 February 2020 across metropolitan Adelaide:
- Community expectations from the Code
- General feedback
- Specific policy feedback (Table 2)
- Development scenarios used in the community workshops.
We look forward to a new planning system that provides efficiencies for applicants while enhancing the overall liveability of the community through policy that delivers good design.