The training will assist participants to improve the quality and success of WSUD assets to function as per their design, providing stormwater quality benefits, reductions in run-off to the drainage system and better integration with other stormwater assets.
Those involved in the design, construction and establishment of WSUD assets, including site supervisors, compliance officers, civil and landscape contractors, and civil engineers and urban design/landscape consultants.
01 – Introduction
02 – Site inspections
03 – Bioretention construction
04 – Wetland construction
05 – Plant requirements
06 – Infiltration systems
07 – GPT construction
08 – Overview of handouts: Checklists
- Contract construction sign off form templates, with hold points for critical inspection tasks)
Robin Allison, DesignFlow
Jason Sonneman, DesignFlow
Core competencies attained
- An understanding of the basic concepts of WSUD and integrated water management.
- An understanding of asset function and key components.
- Awareness of the key issues and risks for consideration when constructing and establishing WSUD assets.
- Appreciation of the importance of construction phase sediment and erosion control practices, and relationship with asset operational phase.
- An understanding of specifications and materials (i.e. bioretention filter media).
- An understating of construction methods and approaches for WSUD assets.
- An understanding of the requirements for successful vegetation establishment.
- An understanding of the issues associated with asset handover.
Price on application