(CLOSED) Performance based planning provisions & assessment framework for green infrastructure & WSUD
Water Sensitive SA invites tenders from cross disciplinary teams of suitably qualified and experienced consultants (or consortia) to develop a suite of high level policy, performance based planning provisions and associated assessment frameworks for green infrastructure and water sensitive urban design.
It has long been recognised by the state government, the Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources (DEWNR), the Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges Natural Resources Management (NRM) Board, and Water Sensitive SA that the state’s land use planning system is a key lever to facilitate multifunctional green infrastructure and water sensitive urban design (WSUD).
Under the planning reforms and the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016 (the PDI Act) there will be an increased emphasis on long-term integrated planning, high-quality design (including of the public realm), sustainability and liveability. This project seeks to develop a package of resources in relation to green infrastructure and water sensitive urban design to inform DPTI consultation on the Planning and Design Code and other planning tools as they are rolled out over the next 12 months and beyond.
Project’s aims and objectives
To develop and provide DPTI with a suite of high level objectives, performance-based planning provisions and an assessment framework to facilitate the following outcomes:
- enhanced urban greening on private land, streetscapes and the public realm
- reintegration of urban water into the landscape to facilitate a range of benefits including microclimate cooling, improved human thermal comfort, local habitat and provision of attractive spaces for community use and wellbeing
- increased resilience to extreme weather events including floods and heatwaves
- reduced flooding and associated impacts on people, property and the environment
- improved water quality in freshwater and marine environments
- enhanced commercial and tourism opportunities.
To download the tender documents visit the Tenders Australasia website.
Note: You will need to create a login for the Tenders Australasia website to access the tender documents.
Tenders close at 5:00pm (ACST) Thursday 28 September 2017.
For more information contact Mellissa Bradley, Program Manager, Water Sensitive SA, telephone 0431 828 980.