A collaborative research initiative between the State Government, CSIRO, Adelaide University, Flinders University and University of SA that includes a research program to more clearly define impediments to WSUD in South Australia and to propose possible solutions.
- The status of water sensitive urban design schemes in South Australia – Goyder Institute for Water Research technical report series No. 13/11
The CRC for Water Sensitive Cities brings together the inter-disciplinary research expertise and thought-leadership to undertake research that will revolutionise water management in Australia and overseas. In collaboration with over 80 research, industry and government partners, the CRC for Water Sensitive Cities deliver the socio-technical urban water management solutions, education and training programs, and industry engagement required to make towns and cities water sensitive.
Engaging communities in the transition to water sensitive cities
- Community engagement in the water sector
- Community knowledge about water: who has better knowledge and is this associated with water-related behaviours and support for water-related policies?
- Social inequality and water use practices in Australian communities
- A national survey of Australians’ water literacy and water-related attitudes
- Water literacy in Australia – industry note
The CSIRO Land and Water Flagship conduct research into the way our cities use resources and how resilient they are to environmental change. The Flagship contributes knowledge for making our resource use systems more efficient and sustainable, and to increase our capacity to adapt to global change.